Monday 5 August 2019

The sacrifices you make make you.




A note from a former student Fernando Perrotoni.

“I left Brazil in August 2006.
I said goodbye to my wonderful mother, my fantastic father and my best friend ; my  twin brother.
I resigned from a well paid job as an art director in Brazil.
I sold my beloved car. 
An old VW Golf.
I split from my long term girlfriend.  
I borrowed huge amounts of money and left my life behind  to go  to Watford.
Tony said I was crazier than the paving his grandad put down in 1955 and I should go home immediately.
But I had  to give it a go. 
It was the biggest risk I have ever taken.
Watford was the hardest I ever worked. 16 hours a day. 
And most weekends.
I wouldn’t be sitting here today at TBWA  working on  John Smiths beer, Adidas and a new campaign for Twix, if it wasn’t for The Watford work ethic and the sacrifices I made.”

Addendum .
Fernando left TBWA and joined Mother in East London which was 3 more miles away from his mother in Brazil. 
He spent two years at Mother creating some great work on Match.com, Stella and Moneysupermarket. 
Fernando returned to Brazil. 
He's back with his family and is looking to purchase a Lamborghini with go faster stripes. 
I am not sure whether he is looking for his ex girlfriend.

1 comment:

  1. Tony- My paving was art. What you talking about? You've no taste when it comes to concrete paths. Grandad.
    PS.You been nicking my Werthers?

    ReplyDelete